Wednesday 3 August 2011

Tuck Shop Cupcakes.

Howdy!

I havn't been able to blog in a while as the naughty USB ports on the laptop broke and it's been driving me mad, but off to the shop it went and now it's back and all fixed and shiny.  I've missed blogging but I have been busy baking, alot for orders though including 28 cake pops and 20 ice cream cone cakes, which unfortunatley because I was so rushed in making and delivering that I forgot to take any pictures.

A few weeks ago I also made some suprise cupcakes for a friend of mine. It was a friends birthday and they were having a bbq. A friend of mine asked if I'd bring cucpakes (it wasn't even the friend who was having the bbq who asked, it was my cheeky cupcake feind friend Alex) So needless to say my friends (apart from Alex) were pleasantly suprised when I turned up with 24 cupcakes! I made 12 Mojito Cupcakes as these are just perfect for a sunny BBQ and then I made 12 surprise Tuck shop cupcakes. 

My friend Alex was in fact the inspiration for these cupcakes as the week before at the pub she had ordered a dessert favorite of hers called Tuck shop ice cream cake. It was pretty much a basic ice cream cake but on top was a variety of different chopped up sweets, chocolate bars and biscuits. With the fun being in the fact it's different every time. (Alex was very disappointed that time as she didn't get a piece of mini roll and another friend did) So I decided to surprise her and incorporate this idea of a Tuck shop and variety into some extra special cupcakes with enough that she could look at them all and decide which cake had her favorite treats on.

And here they are:


 The cakes themselves are this recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes and Vanilla frosting, however I didn't just wan't treats topping the cakes so I also baked some into them. So you never knew which treats you would get inside your cake!

I started with this lot: 


A big selection of the kind of treats you could buy at a school Tuck shop. I then resisted temptation to scoff the lot and once I had filled 12 cupcake cases with the chocolate batter I dropped a peice of a few treats into each cupcake. I left the jelly sweets and jelly beans out of the batter as I felt the other treats would work better.

Once they were baked with the treats inside they looked like this:

 Then I simply piped them with Vanilla frosting and topped each with different peices of treats!

These cupcakes are definitley for the sweet tooth! My choice would be one topped with things like Fudge and caramel like this one in the front:



Apparently these cakes were very tasty, fun and definitely for someone with a sweet tooth! I would like to say I know this from personal experience but I didn't get one myself! They were all snatched up and eaten, I managed to save one and take one home but then boyfriend ate that one too! I managed to eat some of the Mojito cakes though and also a rather large slice of my friends scrummy Malteaser cheesecake! (I'll have to steal and post the recipe for that one!)

Any way that's all for today I cant look at the picture of the bowls of sweets any longer as I'm having serious cravings hehehe!

Bye for now!

Cupcake Kris

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these, they look fantastic and the name is great. X

briarrose said...

Brilliant cupcakes. I love the variety and playfulness.

Gloria Baker said...

Look amazing!! gloria

Zoe said...

They must the kids' fav!

Paula...SweeetHarts Cakes and Bakes said...

Great idea....definitely 1 for the kids! Well,adults too! :)

cupcakegirl said...

They would definitely be a kids favorite! I haven't got any children but my friends are big enough kids hehehe

Baking Addict said...

what a great idea! These are amazing. I feel a blog steal coming on :)

Carol said...

I love the look of these. I'll have to try them out :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh how pretty and delightful! looks fun and wonderful!

~Tammy♥

Ruth said...

Woah, these cupcakes look great - so naughty but so nice! :-)

Jo said...

I love the idea of these, such a childhood treat! They're very cute. I like the one with the curly wurly sticking out the top!

Choclette said...

These look great and I can imagine the sweet toothed amongst us diving into them with gusto. I bet you'll be invited back again ;-)