Wednesday 11 May 2011

Cake poppin for a worthy cause : Chocolate cake pops.

I have a confession: I was meant to write this blog about 3 hours ago but I got distracted by pretty dresses online (To Nickie, if your reading this it's all your fault) and I even ended up buying dresses that I don't know if they will even suit me. But they are pretty so forgive my lateness.

Last week in work there was another Charity bake sale, (They just can't get enough of the cake in my office!)
and I was asked to make some sweet treats to contribute to it. I was also very flattered as the girl who asked me also mentioned how she had been passed my blog address and really likes my blog. (blushes) So as flattery gets you everywhere I went home and shut myself in the kitchen ready to make some cakes. I made 6 chocolate cupcakes as well as 12 chocolate cake pops as I had a bar of chocolate cake covering spare.
Lots of people at the sale commented on how great they looked and tasted (cue more blushing).

But the most important part was that we raised lots of pennies for a very worthy charity: the Samantha Dickinson Brain Tumour Trust . Lots of people made cakes to sell and as usual it was a great success as people just cant resist home baked goodies!

Any way as I've previously posted how to make cake pops, here's the link to how to make them. The only difference being this time I used Milk chocolate cake covering (a much easier to source in the UK and cheaper option than candy melts). Here they are:



As you can see I decorated them with pink and lavender sugar crystals. I found it a lot easier when decorating to wait until the chocolate had dried then re dip or coat the part of the pop I wanted to decorate and sprinkle on the crystals. This made for much neater decorating when just decorating the top or sides. And it also made the pops look like they were wearing little hats hehehe.

Any way since there is no recipe I'm just going to fill the rest of this post with more pics of the pops! (hehe)




I definitely need to get better at fixing little cosmetic mistakes on my cakes before taking pictures.

Right that's enough poppin for today

Till next time

Cupcake Kris xxx

7 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

They look great! And for a great cause too - well done!

La Bella Cooks said...

Oh these look fabulous! I admire your patience. Definitely for a worthy cause.

Manu said...

Love these pops, are so beautiful! Have a nice day

Maria♥ said...

Those cake pops look adorable!

Maria
x

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

Pink and lavendar sugar crystals! Nice!

SL said...

These cake pops seem to be popping up everywhere :) These look great!

SL
ibakecupcakes.ca

Bron said...

These look fantastic! And it's a pain in the arse getting candy melts here in Australia, so I'm glad to hear that using chocolate is a good substitute. My first attempt at cake pops was an epic fail, but I think you've encuraged me to give it another shot!!