Wednesday 27 October 2010

Cupcakes, Conecakes and the attack of the giant gummy bear!

So I haven't made anything new this week because at the weekend I had my first order for party cupcakes. I was asked to make 12 cupcakes and 20 Ice cream cone cakes for a joint birthday of two of my sisters friends children.
So come Sunday morning my kitchen was enveloped in a cloud of icing sugar! I went for Vanilla cupcakes with a blue vanilla butter icing and chocolate conecakes with a vanilla icing and chocolate wafers. Then as my sister turned up earlier than expected I let her do the sprinkles (allot of which she ate hehehe)
Here they are:  - Not the best photos as they were all packed up and ready to go
 I love the little star sprinkles so cute! And the two cakes with sugar paste C's on them were for the Birthday boys, Callum and Connor.

Being in cones, these are a nightmare to transport without them wobbling about hence the tissue paper packing them in.

So that's what I did this weekend (as well as baking a ton of bread too). As well as that I've been trying to find a cake decorating evening class for me to sign up for and I'm still on the lookout for a good one.

Finally look at this!
 It's a giant monster gummi bear! It was a gift for my birthday and isn't it just awesome! That's my little cousin who was given the great honour of taking the first bite! (That's also my crazy dog in the background eyeing it up) It's super tasty too.

Any ways that's it for today, sorry there's no recipe but hopefully in the next few days as there so much tasty stuff I want to make  - I'm just having trouble deciding what to make next.

So I'm off to the kitchen to brainstorm and scour the cookbooks
Bye for now
Cupcake Kris

No comments: